Thursday, May 6, 2010

IRONing out the details

In short, I'm nostalgic. I LOVE an old iron bed. L-O-V-E. They tell stories of old times, back when people rocked on their front porches in a Mississippi July, the background a hum of window units running, a sweating glass of sweet tea in one hand and a paper fan in the other. (Said image is forever imprinted in my mind of pulling up to my grandparents' house in Brandon, MS.) The beds below are from various mags...Cottage Living, House Beautiful, etc. Sorry not to give proper credit where it's due. I'm working on that.




Pictures of these beds give me warm fuzzies.
They make me pine away for a beach retreat, a cottage somewhere in Maine where I can read and sip hot tea all day long, or the long-gone MS days of sweltering heat and lessons on how to grow "veh-behna" from Grandmother.
So here's today's find: iron bed.
Just needs a new paint job, a great quilt, and some little ones on top of it for whom you're making tactile memories.

1 comment:

  1. That's all we had growing up, there is such history in them.. I just painted one that I got off craigslist for Wilson and it looks amazing! Same style as the 2nd pic, but a twin.

    ReplyDelete